您一定會吃驚於您的孩子們跟隨人工智能會話小夥伴學習英語的進步！我們的人工智能會話小夥伴會引領孩子們愉快地徜徉在Galaxy Academy’s別具一格的教學方法 － 互動式課程，參與感的故事書，有趣的遊戲和好聽的音樂中。
What are the Different CEFR Levels?
The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or CEFR, is an international standard that was established by the Council of Europe for describing one’s proficiency in a second language. It is used to describe one’s ability in approximately 40 different languages. The six levels within the CEFR are A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2. The levels are often used by language learners to explain their ability level in speaking, reading, writing and understanding a language. For example: One may say they are A2 in English, or B1 in Spanish.
Pre-A1 | Introductory
Pre-A1 is used to describe someone who is just beginning to learn a second language. This is commonly only used to describe the language levels of young learners (3-6 years old) who are still developing basic language skills in their native language.
The “A” Levels: Basic User
A1 | Beginner
At the A1 CEFR level, a language learner can:
- Understand and use very basic expressions to satisfy concrete needs.
- Introduce themselves and ask others questions about personal details.
- Interact simply as long as the other person speaks slowly and clearly.
A2 | Elementary
At the A2 CEFR level, a language learner can:
- Understand frequently used expressions in most intermediate areas such as shopping, family, employment, etc.
- Complete tasks that are routine and involve a direct exchange of information.
- Describe matters of immediate need in simple terms.
The “B” Levels: Independent User
B1 | Intermediate
At the B1 CEFR level, a language learner can:
- Understand points regarding family, work, school or leisure-related topics.
- Deal with most travel situations in areas where the language is spoken.
- Create simple texts on topics of personal interest.
- Describe experiences, events, dreams, and ambitions, as well as opinions or plans in brief.
B2 | Upper Intermediate
At the B2 CEFR level, a language learner can:
- Understand the main ideas of a complex text such as a technical piece related to their field.
- Spontaneously interact without too much strain for either the learner or the native speaker.
- Produce a detailed text on a wide range of subjects.
The “C” Levels: Proficient User
C1 | Advanced
At the C1 CEFR level, a language learner can:
- Understand a wide range of longer and more demanding texts or conversations.
- Express ideas without too much searching.
- Effectively use the language for social, academic or professional situations.
- Create well-structured and detailed texts on complex topics.
C2 | Proficiency
At the C2 CEFR level, a language learner can:
- Understand almost everything read or heard with ease.
- Summarize information from a variety of sources into a coherent presentation.
- Express themselves using precise meaning in complex scenarios.
- Level 1
- Level 2
- Level 3
- Level 4
- Level 5
- Level 6
- Level 7
研究表明當孩子處於有壓力的環境時（比如考試帶來的壓力），他們學習的能力便會明顯地被阻礙。 不過，如果有一個輕鬆有趣，寓教於樂的環境便會減輕孩子的壓力，讓孩子學習的本能極大的釋放，學和記憶也會表現出更高的水平。這就是為什麼我們把Galaxy Academy設計為寓教於樂的形式。我們知道這樣會激發孩子學習的潛力和本能，我們把孩子放在第一位！
The Galaxy Academy Learning Path
At Galaxy Academy, we begin with words that are commonly used in English on an everyday basis. This helps children become aware of words they will interact with in everyday life. This enhances their ability to not only remember, but also use the language in meaningful everyday places. These core words are presented in a way they can understand using pictures, stories, animated lessons, songs, and games. This vocabulary is then repeated every 5 to 10 seconds in meaningful interaction throughout lessons.
We further their memory by using these core words in activities that encourage students to want to speak out every 2 to 10 minutes. Vocabulary is then repeated within 1 to 5 days throughout other units and in reviews so that the vocabulary becomes cemented in their long term memory. Finally, we allow kids to be able to interact using these words in future lessons over a 4 months to one year period and when combined with our AI chat buddy over their formative years.
From short term to long term memory
You remember words not only when you understand them, but by using them repeatedly over a period of time. Research has found that repeating a new words five to seven times keeps them in short term memory. To take them from short term memory to long term memory you need to repeat them in ways that help you understand as well as help you to interact.
In Galaxy Academy, we start by introducing words in fun ways through our interactive animated lessons and music videos. Kids listen to words being used in a meaningful interaction they can participate in. The word is heard every 5 to 25 seconds. Next, the vocabulary is repeated over a longer periods. Our activities are designed to be engaging as well as educational, with the same words being used repeatedly over a 2 to 10 min period. These two steps take the words from short term memory, to working memory, and then into long term memory.
Yet, this is not enough. Vocabulary needs to be repeated even more. Research shows that new vocabulary needs to be repeated again after one to five hours, and then again over a period of 1 to 25 days. Our lessons are designed to let kids interact with the words they are learning over this period of time through the learning path, free play in the “playground”, and in review lessons.
We then go one step further by also re-using vocabulary learned across units and levels. This extends word recognition and usage from days to months and years.
AI Learning Buddies
The best way to learn a language is by using that language in practical, real life situations. With Galaxy Academy’s AI Learning Buddies, your child will have unlimited opportunity to actually USE the new vocabulary and sentence frames they are learning in conversations. Following each lesson on the learning path, your child can practice what they have learned in a safe, stress-free environment. And by providing gentle, positive corrective feedback, our Learning Buddies help your child to improve their grammar and pronunciation.
In the Galaxy Academy Playground, your child will find hundreds of fun songs, entertaining storybooks, and exciting educational games, all specially designed to reinforce and enhance their new language skills. Remember, your child will think they are playing games, but you know they will actually be learning.